Thursday, September 2, 2010

An English Gentleman

I worked up a batch of clever tweed mustaches for the girls to choose from to wear during their first week of classes! Being a teenager is difficult (as I can barely recall), rife with conflicting urges. On one hand, you strive to assert your identity among peers and authority figures while simultaneously dodging any attention being tossed in your direction. I figured sporting this little bit of fuzz on your lip could be helpful in such times, lending an air of distinction at the same time it offers a kind of camouflage. Another way to look at it is this: if you are indeed going to be drawing attention to your awkward, geeky, teen-aged self, you might as well have fun with it. Laugh unto yourself before others have a chance to laugh unto you...or something like that.

I'll be talking about all of my own disguise and preemptive laughter business with my therapist later this week...and I'll be making the crochet pattern for "An English Gentleman" available in a future blog and on ravelry in plenty of time for Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment